Recently refurbished to a high standard, the Coach House offers high-end comfort in a peaceful setting. The spectacular views of the surroundings are what makes this property unique. Guest access
This beautiful Scottish Coach House is fully equipped with all conveniences: The lounge comes with an open-plan, stylish yet comfortable interior has all that you might require whilst on your break away. Within the comfort of the lounge area, with its high vaulted ceiling and underfloor heating, you could light the log burner, relax on the two oversized sofas (with either a cuppa or a wee dram!) and watch the wildlife pass by as well as admire the stunning countryside beyond.
The spacious open-plan kitchen comes with a washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, oven & gas hob, 2 x fridges, coffee machine, kettle and toaster. It is stocked with all the amenities you’ll need to get you going, plus a few extras as a treat!
Next to the kitchen area is the dining table, which comfortably seats 6 guests and is positioned in front of 2 large picture windows which look out onto the garden and the countryside beyond.
It is fair to say that the Coach House is a very light and airy space. The two bright, airy bedrooms give you the choice of either a large bedroom with a super king-size bed or a spacious twin room with 2 single beds.
There are two bathrooms, each fitted with a shower and a sink, hand towel, hand wash, shampoo, body wash and toilet roll. One bathroom has an integrated toilet. Additionally, the house comes with two toilets with sinks on the first & ground floor.
Upstairs, on the mezzanine, we have a snug sitting area with two sofas and a TV. This is the perfect place for kids to go and chill out whilst the adults enjoy the comfort of the lounge area below!
Outside, guests are invited to relax within the garden/patio which takes in the stunning views across the garden of the landscape beyond. Kids will enjoy playing in the large open garden or you could take a stroll down to the end of the garden and enjoy our 4-acre paddock.
Additionally on the driveway is space for up to 2 cars.
You will have full access to the Coach House including the recently added Hot Tub, the 52” TV + cable within the lounge, a good selection of board games and books, as well as use our Wi-Fi (not the fastest in the world, but then we are in remote Scotland!) and the spacious patio and gardens.Additional notes
**COVID-19 UPDATE**Guest interaction
With continued news around coronavirus (COVID-19), I want to personally share the steps we are taking to protect all our guests and team members.
- We are carefully monitoring the situation and following guidance from the World Health Organisation and other health authorities.
- We've always taken cleanliness seriously. We know this is more important than ever. Aligned with guidance from health authorities, we are implementing additional measures to clean and disinfect the Coach House between guest check-in.
- While we look forward to continuing to serve you during this time, we recognise some travel plans may change and we are happy to suspend bookings where travel restrictions may apply, or for guests who are affected by the coronavirus. Where at all possible we will try to reschedule your visit to a later date and, in extenuating circumstances, offer a cancellation (subject to our cancellation policy). Guests who have booked through a third party booking site are encouraged to refer back to the booking sites cancellation policy and if required contact the booking site customer service team directly.
- Rather than our usual interaction and welcome at check-in, we will conduct an outdoor welcome and will adhere to 2 meter social distancing.
- Our team's wellbeing is also a top priority. We are encouraging team members to follow health authority best practices such as frequent hand washing and staying home if they are feeling ill. The same applies for our guests, your wellbeing is important to us too and ask if you are feeling unwell or have a sore throat, a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath, we advise you contact us directly prior to booking or if you have a break booked with us. As much as we would like to welcome you here, we’d rather you come at a later date when you are feeling better.
We want to assure you that your safety and wellbeing are our top priority.
We live next door to a working farm so please be prepared to hear a couple of cows and chickens (if the Cockerel is making too much noise we can supply earplugs!). We are duck crazy and have a gang of very friendly ducks who like to come and check on our guests and say QUACK!. Other than that we are relatively remote and the countryside around the Coach House is STUNNING!
We are a maximum occupancy of 4 guests (infants included). Whilst our property is suitable for children, guests wishing to bring infants under 2 must include them as part of the total number of guests staying and we request that you contact us prior to booking.
I will personally welcome you upon arrival and show you around the property. I’ll be available for any questions or requests you might have and can help you arranging transportation or advise you about all the great things you can do within this beautiful area.Neighborhood overview
Ideally located in the heart of Scotland, close to the Cairngorm National Park, Glenshee Ski Centre, There are hill walks from the door and some of Scotland’s best-known tourist attractions, distilleries and historic castles. Getting around
The boundary of the Cairngorms National Park is just 2 miles up the road, including the Glenshee Ski Centre 20 mins drive away. We are perfectly situated for exploring Royal Deeside, including Balmoral Castle, Highland Perthshire and the Angus Glens.
Castles including Glamis, Blair, Balmoral, Braemar and Scone Palace, are all with an hour's drive, as are a number of whisky distilleries including Royal Lochnagar and Edradour. For those that prefer gin, Persie Gin Distillery is a fabulous place to stop for a quick NOSE and a quick tour, only 3 miles away.
It is recommendable to arrange a car when staying with us as we are not on a public transport route. Public buses run from Blairgowrie to Bridge of Cally a couple of times a day. However, due to the rural nature of the area it is recommended that you bring a car so you can explore.
The closest village is Kirkmichael, a small peaceful village with a couple of local amenities such as a shop and 2 pubs. We're also close to the small village of Bridge of Cally where the local amenities are a small shop/post office and restaurant. There are lovely forest walks directly from the village via track behind the Bridge of Cally Hotel.
It is a 10-minute drive to the nearest town to get groceries.